Students who have an EHCP in place
If you are aged 16 to 24, meet the criteria below AND have an EHCP in place you might be able to receive support towards the cost of your meals while you attend College, travel costs to and from college and help towards the cost of equipment needed for your course.
To be eligible for student bursary, one or more of the following must apply:
- You are in receipt of or are dependent on someone who is in receipt of Universal Credit
- You are in receipt of or are dependent on someone who is in receipt of Income support
- You are in receipt of or are dependent on someone who is in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- You are in receipt of or are dependent on someone who is in receipt of Child Tax Credits (without working tax credit) with an annual gross income of no more that £16,190
- You are in receipt of or are dependent on someone who is in receipt of Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- You are in receipt of or are dependent on someone who is in receipt of the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- You are receiving support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- You are living in a household that has an income of below £20,000
Key information about the Bursaries
- Each application is considered individually and assessed against the eligibility criteria. Should you wish to appeal if your application is not supported, you can do so in writing to the Head of Services for Students, Derby College, Roundhouse Road, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8JE.
- There are robust measures in place to manage the risk of fraud. Photocopies of documentation will be required as proof when you are applying for a bursary.
- The College reserves the right to withhold bursary payments if you withdraw early from your course, whatever the reason.
- Students are required to meet specific levels of attendance (90%) and behaviour. Support will be withdrawn if you do not meet these criteria.
- Where a bursary award is to be paid into a bank account, this must be your bank account. This is in compliance with government guidance to ensure that there is no conflict with the benefit agencies.
How do I apply for a Bursary?
If you’re looking to start a full-time or part-time further education course with us from September and think that you may be eligible for one of the bursaries you can apply for a Bursary online via your InTouch account
If you need to ask any questions prior to applying for a Bursary online, you can contact the Student Support Fund team:
By phone on 0800 028 0289
Or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Studying with Derby College Group is a great investment in your future – students aged 16 – 24 who have an EHCP in place do not need to pay fees for full time courses that are funded through the government.