NPTC Level 2 Award in All Terrain Vehicle Handling
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to use an RTV safely.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anybody who uses a sit in all terrain vehicle as part of their daily work, such as farmers, game keepers and groundskeepers.
The minimum age for candidates taking this course is 16 years. You should be physically fit.
What will you learn?
The course will cover:
- How to carry out a risk assessment
- Complying with safety and legal requirements, with an emphasis on safe practices, warning signs and guards
- Carrying out all pre-driving checks for faulty or dangerous components
- Preparing the ATV for work, including checking and adjusting safety devices
- Starting up and driving the machinery safely in a range of different ground conditions
- Using the manufacturer’s instruction book
- Identifying track profile and weight transfer
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered on-site.
What will you need to bring with you?
You will be required to supply your own:
- Overalls or tight fitting work clothes, with no dangling drawstrings
- Steel toe-capped boots or wellingtons
- Writing materials
How will you be assessed?
Assessment will be on another date by an NPTC assessor and will entail a combination of both verbal questioning and practical skills demonstration.
Derby College Group offers a range of one-day, weekend and evening courses relating to Agriculture and a wide variety of other land-based topics – please see the Derby College Group Part-time Prospectus for a full list and details.
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information, contact Derby College Group on 0800 0280289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
This course could lead to one of these careers...
Agricultural Machinery Drivers
Managers and Proprietors in Agriculture and Horticulture
Agricultural and Fishing Trades
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Use our online application form to apply for this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: December 1, 2023 3:57 pm