Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health – blended delivery at multiple sites (* Free if you are eligible for funding)
This course focuses on the study of mental health and mental wellbeing to support different occupational areas.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
This blended learning programme will:
• focus on the study of mental health and mental wellbeing to support different occupational areas
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to understand:
• mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved
• how to support mental wellbeing through various stages of life
• mental ill health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill health
• the skills required to work in a mental health service
*You can be funded for this course if you are unemployed or earn less than £18,525. Otherwise it is subject to a learner loan or equivalent tuition fees.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 mental health qualification, or qualifications in healthcare or social care contexts.
What will you learn?
To be awarded the Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health, learners are required to successfully complete five mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understanding the context of mental health and wellbeing
• Unit 02 Promotion of mental health and wellbeing
• Unit 03 Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences
• Unit 04 Understanding mental ill health
• Unit 05 Working in mental health
How will you learn?
This is a blended learning programme where you will learn both on site and independently.
What will you need to bring with you?
There are no additional costs.
How will you be assessed?
To achieve the Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes of the units, as detailed in the qualification specification.
The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health is internally assessed.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the Level 3 Award in Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Successful completion of this qualification will support progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector.
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information, contact Derby College Group on 0800 0280289 or email@example.com
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
This course could lead to one of these careers...
Health Services and Public Health Managers and Directors
Health Associate Professionals
Care Workers and Home Carers
Health Care Practice Managers
Use our online application form to apply for this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 1, 2023 1:39 pm