Diploma in Barbering Level Two (standalone)
The units in this qualification focus on the essential skills that you as a learner need to develop as a barber.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
The units in this qualification focus on the essential skills that you as a learner need to develop as a barber. The course will train you in shampooing and conditioning hair, basic cutting, consultation, and the essentials in cutting facial hair. There is a range of challenging optional units to develop your skills further.
There will be opportunities to attend classroom delivery sessions if required.
This course is standalone only.
You should be working in a barbers on a voluntary or employed basis.
What will you learn?
The student will understand:
- Industry codes of practice
- Personal presentation
- Verbal communication
- Client care
- Health and safety
- Legislation and practice
- Legal and organisational requirements
The student will be able to:
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using barbering techniques
- Style and finish men’s hair
- Cut facial hair into shape
- Provide shaving services
- Demonstrate professionalism and a passion for the industry
- Show a positive attitude and team working skills
- Have a willingness to learn
- Meet organisational and industry standards of appearance
- Adhere to professional ethics
- Understand health and safety, legislation and practice, legal and organisational requirements
- Deliver good customer service
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered on-site.
What will you need to bring with you?
There are Level 2 costs of £1,200 which can be paid in instalments.
You need a laptop to access your e-portfolio and you should have barbering equipment.
How will you be assessed?
Portfolio of Evidence
The following are acceptable forms of portfolio evidence and the most appropriate forms will be selected for each unit:
- Products evidence
- Witness testimony
- Reflective accounts
- Professional discussion
- Projects and assignments
- Case studies
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as a:
- Barbering Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
- Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact Derby College on 0800 0280289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
This course could lead to one of these careers...
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Use our online application form to apply for this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 1, 2023 1:30 pm