Customer Service Specialist – Apprenticeship Standard
The main purpose of a customer service specialist is to be a ‘professional’ for direct customer support within all sectors and organisation types.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
The main purpose of a customer service specialist is to be a ‘professional’ for direct customer support within all sectors and organisation types. They will be an advocate of customer service, acting as a referral point for dealing with complex or technical customer requests, complaints and queries.
They will also:
- act as an escalation point for complicated or ongoing customer problems
- be an expert in their organisation’s products and/or services and will share their knowledge with a wider team of colleagues
- gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in the service
- utilise organisational and generic IT systems to carry out their role with an awareness of other digital technologies
These duties could be carried out in many different types of environment including contact centres, retail, webchat, service industry or any other customer service point.
Entry requirements will be decided by the employer but a good understanding of both written and spoken English is important.
What will you learn?
This apprenticeship is made up of 14 vocational modules. By completing these modules, the apprentice will learn about:
- the organisation they work for, including understanding business strategy, continuous improvement and leadership styles
- the customer journey, challenges and end-to-end experience
- business processes, commercial factors and authority limits
- the behaviours demonstrated by internal and external customers and how to vary delivery
- loyalty, retention and satisfaction and how these impact on an organisation
- regulatory requirements
- industry best practice
- gathering and analysing customer feedback, continuous improvement, decision making and applying successful approaches to complex issues
- dealing with challenging customer situations ensuring customer satisfaction
- using written and verbal communication in a range of situations
- identifying, planning and implementing change
Of the 14 vocational modules, four of the modules are based around an apprentice’s knowledge and ten are performance-based modules.
How will you learn?
The apprenticeship will be delivered in the workplace and on-site.
What will you need to bring with you?
A laptop is required.
How will you be assessed?
A variety of assessment models is used, including workplace and remote assessments.
You could consider further study in areas such as Business Administration, Team Leading and Management.
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact Derby College on 0800 0280289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there any financial support available?
Course Information for Employers
Are they any entry requirements for my apprentice?
What is required from the employer in the workplace?
Behaviours expected within the role
What qualification will my apprentice gain?
What will the assessment look like?
Will my apprentice need to come into college?
Is there any specialist equipment required?
What progression can my apprentice expect after completion of their apprenticeship?
What job roles will this apprenticeship be suitable for?
Will the college help me find an apprentice?
You may already have someone in your organisation or someone has come to you direct asking for an apprenticeship, but if you don’t we have a free recruitment service to help you hire the best candidate for your organisation from our talent pool and external advertising through social media and the national apprenticeship services website
If you are an employer and you would like to know more, please email email@example.com or call 01332 387421
This course could lead to one of these careers...
Customer Service Occupations n.e.c.
Customer Service Managers and Supervisors
Call and Contact Centre Occupations
Retail Cashiers and Check-out Operators
Bank and Post Office Clerks
Sales and Retail Assistants
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Use our online application form to apply for this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 4, 2021 10:59 am