Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
By completing this course, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties. The units and topics included are ideal for learners who are looking to support individuals with SpLDs in any environment, be it at home, in the workplace or in schools.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties. This could include teaching staff who wish to further their understanding of dyslexia, ADHD and other Specific Learning Difficulties, as well as employers who are looking for ways to support their workforce.
You need a good level of English – both reading and written
What will you learn?
This course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
Unit 2: Understand the Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
Unit 3: Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
Unit 4: Understand Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
Unit 5: Understand the Context of Specific Learning Difficulties
How will you learn?
Studying via distance learning means learners can choose when and where they study, ensuring that they receive all of the support they require throughout the course in the form of a personal tutor.
What will you need to bring with you?
You need access to a laptop and the Internet.
How will you be assessed?
Our elearning platform is engaging and interactive, keeping you focused on your learning at all times.
You could progress to other courses such as the:
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Environmental Sustainability
- Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information, contact Derby College Group on 0800 0280289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Use our online application form to apply for this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 10, 2022 4:45 pm