Apprenticeship Vacancy Details
Apprentice Transport Operations Administrator
LOBINA TRANSPORT SERVICES LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Lobina Transport Services Ltd. As an Apprentice Transport Operations Administrator you will be working in operations trading with buying and selling transport and offering solutions to clients in time critical transport.
Apply Now for Apprentice Transport Operations Administrator
Closing Date: 16-06-2023
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm/17.00 with a 30-minute lunch break.
Possible start date
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will report to an Operations Manager and will work on a day-to-day basis with other members of the operations team and other departments within Lobina, helping to ensure any customer transport enquiries are effectively processed and converted into profitable business by undertaking the following duties:
- Sourcing transport solutions
- Posting potential jobs on transportation platforms
- Expediting customer / carrier queries
- Creating quotes
- Raising Transport Orders
- Maintaining adequate records of transport
- Providing necessary transport information to our customs department to ensure customs clearances and paperwork can be obtained
- Utilisation of the SAT Logistics software package
- Verbal / written communication with customers and /or carriers
- Communicating and problem solving with customers &/or carriers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Any other duties deemed necessary
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- This apprenticeship will be delivered 4 days per week working onsite with the employer and 1 day per week completing college work remotely
- Functional Skills in Maths and English can be completed alongside this apprenticeship if necessary, subject to an invigilated assessment by Derby College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are several potential routes for progression, including, not limited to:
- The natural progression within the Operations department
- Opportunities to work within the Customs department
- Opportunities to work within the Warehousing department
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills IT skills Organisation skills Problem solving skills Interpersonal skills Time Management Flexibility A second language is desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Other Fluency in a Secondary European Language (Grade This is not a requirement) Desired
Things to consider
· Please note the desirable criteria to communicate fluently in a secondary language to English (ideally a European language) as this employer trades internationally. This is NOT an essential criteria. · If we are interested in taking your application further, you will receive an email from a derby college email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please make sure that you check your inbox as well as your spam/junk folders so you do not miss out on the opportunity to apply.
About the employer
Lobina Transport is a transport solutions specialist company that aims to be the first company someone thinks of when they have a mission critical shipment across all industries. Lobina operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and all vehicles arranged through Lobina are in continuous communication with a dedicated traffic planner. Lobina’s Mission Achieving above and beyond our clients’ expectations to provide transport solutions. In every instance, we will work tirelessly at any hour to help clients who are reliant on us at a moment of greatest need. • We tackle challenges with positivity and creativity. • We aim to foresee problems and work around them before they happen. • We thrive on understanding your needs and earning your trust, so your experience of working with us will stick in the memory for all the right reasons. Lobina’s Five Core Values: Fun - We always come to work with a smile, we celebrate when we have done a great job, if a colleague is down, we help them up! Integrity - Our Employees and our customers come first. When things go wrong which they will from time to time, we hold our hands up and work around the clock to make it right. Trust - We listen to our customers and colleagues. We set clear goals between all of us and do our upmost to blow them out the park. Creativity - We rely on our huge depth of knowledge in our industry, we collaborate as one team to come up with the best options for our client’s needs. Compassion We’re genuine and show support when people need it most. We take personal responsibility for all our actions.
LOBINA TRANSPORT SERVICES LTD
Hallam Fields Road
Business administrator (level 3)