Apprenticeship Vacancy Details
The Park Medical Practice
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of the administrative team within The Park Medical Practice, supporting the practice to provide effective administrative systems in their day-to-day operations. As an administration Apprentice you will split your time between the secretarial and practice management departments. You will learn the different administrative tasks within each of the departments within the practice, following practice protocols and procedures.
Apply Now for Apprentice Administrator
Closing Date: 09-06-2023
Monday to Friday on a rota between 08:00am and 06:30pm. 30 minutes allocated for lunch.
Possible start date
What will the apprentice be doing?
The job responsibilities will include:
- Open and distribute the post
- Check the electronic task lists regularly
- Follow-up referral requests to hospitals and outside agencies
- Make hospital appointments for patients as required
- Process shared care agreement letters
- Maintain accurate up-to-date work lists on Choose and Book systems, making sure that all changes are communicated
- Investigate enquiries from staff and patients and resolve them or direct them to the appropriate person
- General administration duties including photocopying and answering emails following practice protocols
- To liaise and arrange meetings (to include the booking of rooms) as required, prepare attendance lists and attend meetings and take minutes if required
- Prepare information packs to support the Senior Management team
- Help support the practice management team in undertaking administrative duties to support the various on-going projects following approved practice protocols and guidance
You will be required to exercise personal responsibility, empathy, judgement, and initiative, be able to cope with variations in the daily schedule under minimum supervision whilst ensuring confidentiality at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administration (Standard) – Level 3. The apprenticeship will be delivered in the workplace and on-site
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A permanent position within our team may be available upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills IT skills Attention to detail Organisation skills Customer care skills Problem solving skills Administrative skills Number skills Logical Team working Initiative Non judgemental Patience Professionalism
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
Confidentiality is a main factor in this role as you may come across sensitive information on people living in your community. If we are interested in taking your application further, you will receive an email from a derby college email address (email@example.com). Please make sure that you check your inbox as well as your spam/junk folders, so you do not miss out on the opportunity to apply.
About the employer
At The Park Medical Practice, we provide primary care services to residents in the following areas; Borrowash, Chaddesden, Oakwood and the University of Derby. The Practice has a long history, having been established in 1895.
The Park Medical Practice
Business administrator (level 3)