Apprenticeship Vacancy Details
Back to vacancy list
Business Admin Apprentice
Derby City Council
This is an exciting opportunity to launch your career with a modern, resilient and flexible local authority.
We are offering an apprenticeship in our Accounts Receivable team including a Business Administration Level 3 qualification. On completion there may be the possibility of a permanent position within the team.
Monday to Friday, working hours to be confirmed. Lunch break of 30 minutes.
Possible start date
What will the apprentice be doing?
Business Support is Derby City Council’s centralised administrative service and provides a wide range of services across the different departments within the council.
- To carry out a range of administrative tasks as detailed in the current business support menu within divisional and statutory timescales and standards to produce the required outcomes as requested.
- To deal with incoming calls, post, electronic mail and visitors to ensure that their requests are dealt with appropriately adhering at all times to the Council’s customer care policy.
- Using Derby City Council’s financial system to investigate missing payments, match payments to invoices and set up direct debits
- To maintain a wide variety of electronic and paper systems ensuring data is entered in a timely and accurate manner whilst adhering to the Council’s Data Protection and Information Governance polices.
- Provide all customers with a good customer service to ensure positive representation of the service.
- You will be expected to demonstrate and be trained on other roles within the team.
- Undertake training and additional duties in accordance with the general level of responsibility of the post, as required, as additional administrative processes are added to the business support menu
- To undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the role.
- Take part in the Council’s Corporate Development Initiatives including E-Learning, and the corporate performance process, great performance conversations.
- Ensuring that all work complies with procedures and financial regulations.
- Comply with confidentiality and data protection requirements at all times.
- Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Council Safety policies.
- Adhere to Council’s policies relating to Equalities and Environmental issues.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administration. The apprenticeship will be delivered in the workplace and on-site.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for a full time role dependant on business needs; once a permanent position is secured after the apprenticeship there is potential to complete further qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills IT skills Attention to detail Organisation skills Customer care skills Problem solving skills Administrative skills Number skills Analytical skills Logical Team working Non judgemental Confidentiality
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
About the employer
Derby City Council is the local government unitary authority for Derby, a city in the East Midlands region of England. Here at Derby City Council we are committed to our three values: we are bold, we are strong, we care.
Derby City Council
The Council House
Business administrator (level 3)