IT Courses – An Introduction to GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) increases an organisation’s responsibilities relating to how it manages and shares data.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) increases an organisation’s responsibilities relating to how it manages and shares data. Highly practical and interactive, our course covers what GDPR is, the principal differences between GDPR and the previous legislation, and the impact on organisations. It looks at the elements of GDPR that are pertinent to your business and helps you to identify and minimise potential areas of risk.
What will you learn?
• Principles of GDPR
• Applications for an organisation’s data
• Types of personal data
• Rights and regulations
• Lawful data processing
• The role of stakeholders and the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
• Right to erasure
• International transfers and the use of cloud services
• Next steps to meet GDPR
Benefits for the individual
• A better understanding of GDPR and methods to accomplish GDPR management
• Capacity to identify any areas of risk
Benefits for the organisation
• Clearer understanding of GDPR
• Compliance with GDPR to help avoid reputational damage and minimise monetary and legal penalties that may be incurred due to data breaches
• Understanding of the gaps between previous data protection policies and the new regulations, including the methodologies and actions required to eliminate those gaps
• Protection and respect for the ’rights and freedoms’ of customers and staff, leading to improved reputation and positive publicity or marketing
How will you learn?
What will you need to bring with you?
How will you be assessed?
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact the Roundhouse Thinking team on 01332 836 638 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Check availibility and book now on this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 22, 2021 3:58 pm