Diploma in Retail Skills – Level 2
This qualification provides a sound skills base for any person who works in a retail environment
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
This qualification provides a sound skills base for any person who works in a retail environment. The course will enhance and expand your knowledge and give you a wider skill base.
There are no entry requirements to access this programme, other than you must be employed in a role where you have responsibility for completing day-to-day retail tasks.
What will you learn?
- Work Effectively in your Retail Team
- Receive Goods and Materials into Storage in a Retail Environment
- Put Goods and Materials into Storage in a Retail Environment
- Keep Stock on Sale at Required Levels in a Retail Environment
- Process Customer Orders for Goods in a Retail Environment
- Process Returned Goods and Materials in a Retail Environment
- Assemble Products for Display in a Retail Environment
- Process Greengrocery Products for Sale in a Retail Environment
- Maintain Food Safety While Working with Food in a Retail Environment
- Pick Products in a Retail Environment to Fulfill Customer Orders
- Check Stock Levels and Sort Out Problems with Stock Levels
- Finish off Bake off Food Products in a Retail Environment
- Glaze, Coat and Decorate Bake off Products for Sale in a Retail Environment
- Display Stock to Promote Sales to Customers in a Retail Environment
- Help Customers Choose Products in a Retail Environment
- Carry out Promotional Campaigns in a Retail Environment
- Deal with Customer Queries and Complaints in a Retail Environment
- Demonstrate Products to Customers in a Retail Environment
- Process Payments for Purchases in a Retail Environment
- Process Applications for Credit Agreements offered in a Retail Environment
- Promote Loyalty Schemes to Customers in a Retail Environment
- Follow Point-of-Sale Procedures for Age-Restricted Products
- Provide National Lottery Products to Customers
- Cash Up in a Retail Environment
- Promote the Store’s Credit Card to Customers
- Provide Service to Customers in the Dressing Room in a Retail Environment
- Promote Food or Drink Products by offering Samples to Customers
- Deliver Goods from a Retail Environment to the Customer’s Delivery Address
- Help Customers to Apply for a Retail Store’s Credit Card
- Help Customers to Choose Delicatessen Products in a Retail Environment
- Portion Delicatessen Products to meet Customer Requirements
- Merchandise Plants and other Relevant Products
- Demonstrate Make-up and Skincare Products to Customers at a Beauty Counter
- Operate a Customer Record Card System on a Beauty Counter
- Give Customers a Positive Impression of Yourself and Your Organisation
- Protect Your Own and Others’ Health and Safety when working in a Retail Environment
- Protect Security Risks in a Retail Environment
- Prepare Newspapers and Magazines for Return to the Merchandisers
- Check the Accuracy of Records of Hours Worked by Staff in a Retail Environment
Group C and D
- Sort Donated Goods for Resale or Recycling in a Retail Environment
- Maintain Food Safety while working with Food in a Retail Environment
- Load Orders for Despatch from a Retail Store to Customers
- Provide a Counter/Take-Away Service
- Contribute to Monitoring and Maintaining Ease of Shopping in a Retail Sales Area
- Audit Stock Levels and Stock Inventories in a Retail Environment
- Source Required Goods and Services in a Retail Environment
- Monitor and Help Improve Food Safety in a Retail Environment
- Manage Staff to Receive Goods in a Retail Environment
- Organise and Monitor the Storage of Stock in a Retail Environment
- Maintain the Availability of Goods on Display in a Retail Environment to Promote Sales
- Manage the Payment Transaction Process in a Retail Environment
- Help Customers to Choose Alcoholic Beverages in a Retail Environment
- Help Customers to Choose Specialist Products in a Retail Environment
- Deputise for the Leader of a Retail Team
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement of Retail Operations
- Manage the Prevention of Wastage and Loss in a Retail Environment
- Produce Staffing Schedules to Help a Retail Team to Achieve its Targets
- Monitor and Maintain Health and Safety in a Retail Environment
- Monitor and Support Secure Payment Point Use during Trading Hours
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered online.
What will you need to bring with you?
There are no extra costs.
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed in the workplace by an assessor who is assigned to you. A variety of assessment styles will be used, including written questions, observations and professional discussion, work products and witness testimony.
- QCF Diploma Team Leading Level 2
- QCF Diploma Retail Management Level 3
- QCF Diploma Sales Professional Level 3
- Supervisor/Team Leader
- Retail Sales Department Manager
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact Derby College on 0800 0280289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
This course could lead to one of these careers...
Managers and Directors in Retail and Wholesale
Sales and Retail Assistants
Shopkeepers and Proprietors – Wholesale and Retail
Retail Cashiers and Check-out Operators
Merchandisers and Window Dressers
Elementary Sales Occupations n.e.c.
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Use our online application form to apply for this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 11, 2021 3:20 pm