CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (* Free if you are eligible for funding)
This qualification is for people who have already acquired a recognised qualification in counselling skills.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
This qualification is for people who have already acquired a recognised qualification in counselling skills and want to:
- take the next step in training to become a counsellor
- learn more about counselling theory, ethics and mental health
- be prepared for work as a professional counsellor in an agency setting
*You can be funded for this course if you are unemployed or earn less than £18,525.
You must be over 19 and have undertaken counselling skills training such as our Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or equivalent units/qualifications involving at least 90 Guided Learning Hours.
You must also :
- have emotional stability
- have an ability to form a counselling relationship
- have awareness of difference and diversity
- be able to cope with the course content
- be able to identify reasons for training beyond just personal development
- be motivated towards developing as a counselling practitioner
- provide references
What will you learn?
You will study the following topic areas and learning outcomes:
- Prepare to work within an ethical framework for counselling
- Understand the counselling relationship
- Understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathic understanding
- Work within a user-centred approach to counselling
- Use counselling theory to develop self awareness in counselling practice
- Understand theories of counselling and mental health
- Use feedback, reflection and supervision to support counselling studies
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered on-site.
What will you need to bring with you?
You may wish to purchase supportive texts. However, it is not expected that there will be other costs associated with this course, other than stationery.
How will you be assessed?
Assessment is through a variety of methods, including assignments, self reflections and reviews, peer feedback, projects and presentations, and tutor observations of your (simulated) counselling practice.
There is also an external assessment undertaken under exam conditions, which is then marked externally by the awarding organisation.
Once you have completed this course, you may wish to continue your training journey towards becoming a fully qualified/practising counsellor by progressing to the Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
This qualification does not lead directly to employment. It is designed as pre-practitioner training for professional counselling qualifications. However, it could lead to employment in a related field and will enhance your skills if you are in a current people-related employment role.
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information, contact Derby College Group on 0800 0280289 or email@example.com
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
Use our online application form to apply for this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: February 15, 2024 2:53 pm