Apprenticeship Vacancy Details
Vaillant Group UK Ltd
A brilliant apprenticeship opportunity for an enthusiastic person to work within a world wide heating and hot water corporation Vaillant Group as a General Welder. During the apprenticeship you will prepare, check and protect materials and work area ready for welding.
Apply Now for Apprentice Welder
Closing Date: 30-06-2023
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm. Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm.
Possible start date
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To follow Company Health and Safety guidelines and safety instructions of equipment and risk assessments.
- Produce good quality welds using two welding process/material type combinations (TIG, MIG/MAG, FCAW) and (Carbon and Low Steel, High Alloy Ferritic/Martensitic Steel, Austenitic Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloys, Aluminium ansd Aluminium Alloys) in two welding positions (Downhand, Horizontal, Vertical, Overhead).
- Attain a qualification in accordance with one of the following standards: ISO 9606.
- Achieve a quality of work to meet international standards for dimensional and surface inspection (Visual, Magnetic Particle inspection and Dye Penetrant Inspection).
- Position, prepare and check the welding equipment, both manual and automated.
- Receive, handle and maintain consumables.
- Prepare, check and protect materials and work area ready for welding.
- Complete and check the finished weld ready for inspection and report into the production control system.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- General Welder Level 2.
- One day at DCG and the rest of the working week at the work place.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills Attention to detail Problem solving skills Team working Initiative
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
•25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays. •Working conditions are general indoor factory and warehouse environment. •Some external working may be required from time to time carrying out facility maintenance. •The position is based in the Vaillant UK Manufacturing Derby facility. The opportunity to travel may arise on introduction of new projects and production equipment training. •Shift work may be required in the final year of the apprenticeship. If we are interested in taking your application further, you will receive an email from a derby college email address email@example.com. Please make sure that you check your inbox as well as your spam/junk folders so you do not miss out on the opportunity to apply. We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
About the employer
Vaillant UK are proud to be part of the world wide heating and hot water corporation Vaillant Group who has presence in over 20 countries with national sales companies, and exports to more than 60 states. The Vaillant Group is an international family-owned company with a heritage of more than 141 years in providing customers with energy-saving and easy to operate solutions for heating, cooling and hot water. In its core business of heating technologies the company is the second-largest European manufacturer in this sector. In addition, the Vaillant Group is also active in ventilation and air-conditioning technology markets. The company develops and manufactures its products and services at sites in the United Kingdom as well as Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Slovakia, Turkey and China. The Vaillant Group has a growing focus on products and systems that use renewable energy. There is a growing demand for these products across Europe, and the focus of the Group in this area relates strongly to heat pumps, which utilise the heat from the earth or the ambient air, and solar thermal systems. The development of Hybrid systems which combine renewable energies with heating appliances to create highly efficient and intelligent systems, is also a key focus area for the business. As one of the world’s leading manufacturers of environment-friendly heating and air-conditioning technology, sustainability plays an integral role in the Vaillant Group’s activities. Home and world climate are inseparable and modern heating technology can today make an important contribution to achieving climate protection targets. In the UK alone, replacing an old heating system with a new high efficiency boiler can save more than 30 % of energy a year, and reduce CO2 emissions by a corresponding 30%. Sustainable heating is central to the Vaillant Group and its operation.
Vaillant Group UK Ltd
Nottingham Road Belper
General welder (arc processes) (level 2)