The careers bot is aimed at low-skilled adults and those at risk of losing their jobs in the cities of Derby, Bristol and Newcastle.
CiCi, which is currently in a prototype stage, aims to provide a personalised, guided career journey experience for adults. It will be available 24/7 to support adults in Derby with career decisions.
Through the bot, people will be able to access high-quality information on training opportunities, job vacancies, CV help and more. CiCi will be accessible on a range of devices including computers and mobile phones.
DMH associates are currently recruiting test volunteers to help CiCi give people the careers advice they need.
To volunteer you must:
• Be aged 18 or over
• Be based in or near Derby, Bristol or Newcastle
• Have some questions about your career or getting a job that you would like to explore
So, what can CiCi do for you?
• Will be a friend who you can ask for information and advice to help you make career decisions.
• Will show you what the local labour market looks like – where is the job growth; what are the wages/salaries in these jobs; what skills are needed.
• Will help you think about what new skills you might need.
• Will identify where you can get training to get new skills and advance your career.
• Will identify where are the local job vacancies you can apply for.
• Will help you find tools and services that suggest other careers you might not have considered that may suit you.
• Will direct you to a careers adviser or careers service if speaking to a professional adviser is what you need.
• Will keep a record of the “chat” you have had and the information you have provided so that – if you request it – CiCi can pass the details onto a careers adviser to help them to help you further.
• Will be there for you in the future -24/7 – if you ever need help again.
To help us to develop the CiCi prototype into a full tool, you can:
• Test out the CiCi prototype to see how easy or difficult it is to use. Remember, this is work in progress not the finished career chatbot.
• Ask all sorts of questions to see if CiCi has the answers. If not tell us – that is exactly what we need to know so we can programme CiCi to answer more questions.
• Tell us what CiCi does not do, that you would like it to do.
• Tell us what CiCi can do better as well as what it already does well.
• Tell us if you would recommend CiCi to a friend.
If you are interested in becoming a test volunteer, please sign up by 16 December 2020, a voucher worth £10 will be issued to the first 100 volunteers.