Initially, 50 teaching staff at the College will become members of SET, the only professional membership body dedicated to teachers and trainers working in further education.
Announcing the partnership, Derby College Group Chief Executive Mandie Stravino said: “We’re delighted to be partnering with the Society for Education and Training.
"The partnership signals our commitment to our staff and, in turn, our students. This partnership allows us to recognise the expertise of our staff and puts continual development at the heart of what we do.
"It ensures that professionals continue to be empowered and we are delighted to encourage our staff to engage in important sector-wide research into practice initiatives."
Education and Training Foundation Chief Executive David Russell said: “We are delighted to welcome Derby College Group as a corporate partner of the Society for Education and Training.
"This partnership is a positive step that signals a college’s commitment to high-quality development for its staff and teaching for its students. It will provide teaching staff with access to a host of CPD opportunities, expertise and resources, and help them strive for excellence in their professional journey.”
As SET members, teaching staff at the college will:
• Have the opportunity to study for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) and Advanced Teacher Status (ATS). SET is the only passport to achieving both QTLS and ATS.
• Gain access to resources, training and teaching tools, research and expert views in further education.
• Enjoy benefits, such as the Society for Education and Training's mentoring service.
• Be part of a professional community of over 17,000 teachers and trainers in the education sector, with opportunities to share expertise and experience with their peers.
• Receive copies of inTuition, the most widely read journal for practitioners working across further education, vocational teaching and training.