Many of our learners are accomplishing great things whilst studying with us and we want to share their achievements with you. Be inspired by the success of our learners. See how their dedication to learning and our high-quality teaching is helping them on their way to rewarding careers.
Derby College has a significant impact on many individuals, businesses and the wider community. We are committed to producing a talent pool equipped with the right skills and attitudes to meet the needs of employers. We are proud of our contribution to economic growth and social prosperity. By guiding our learners onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations, we encourage progress and aspirational outcomes.
The learners featured within the video have been selected by their lecturers as future stars in the Professional Construction industry. Jordan Gibbins and Timothy Colley are studying towards a Foundation Degree in Construction Management. Martha Birkett, Tom Hudson and Daniel Baldy are studying the Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Construction. Matthew Hitchcock is an Advanced Construction Technician Apprentice.
Did you know?
- Construction is one of the UK's most dynamic sectors, employing an estimated 2.9 million people - around 10% of all jobs.
- For every £1 invested in construction, £2.84 is generated for the wider economy.
- 42% of construction firms are experiencing difficulties in recruiting staff with the right skills.
- Construction contributes nearly £90 billion to the UK economy, 6.7% of the total.
- 13.5% of people in the industry are women.
If your ambition is to become an architect, building surveyor, civil engineer, quantity surveyor, site manager or structural engineer, Derby College can set you on the right career pathway.
This video was filmed and editing by Derby College Media learner, Shannon Madelin.
Please click for furthe rinformation about Derby College's Professional Construction
Study Programmes, or call 0800 028 0289.
Join in the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.