Staff at Hannells will work with the students to set special projects, lead masterclasses and provide work experience opportunities with a guaranteed interview at the end of their course for a job or apprenticeship.
The Hannells Estate Agency Academy is the latest Employer Academy to launch at Derby College.
The company has six branches across the city, employs nearly 50 people and won the Sales and Marketing title in the Derby Telegraph Business Awards 2015.
Hannells Managing Director Mike Brain said: "The after effects of the economic downturn on the property market have meant that a lot of experienced people in the industry have re-trained and moved on.
"Recruiting new staff therefore continues to be a challenge and we need to effectively grown our own staff. Therefore I see the Employer Academy programme with Derby College as a fantastic opportunity to raise the profile of estate agency with young people and highlight the career opportunities open to those prepared to work hard, train and progress with us.
"We look forward to meeting with the Business students, explaining the opportunities available to them and then welcoming the first members onto the Academy in the very near future."
The Derby College Employer Academy programme aims to boost students' employability skills and job prospects. It also gives employers the opportunity to shape the College curriculum and reduce their costs for recruiting young people into job and apprenticeship roles after their College course.
Derby College Business Development Director April Hayhurst added: "Business courses at the College continue to be very popular and the Hannells Estate Agency Academy gives our students the opportunity to gain a unique and in-depth insight into the career opportunities available to them in the future."
The Hannells Estate Agency Academy joins the existing Employer Academy at Derby College programme:
- Atlas Building and Groundworks Academy: aimed at providing Construction students at the College with the multi-skills they need for the groundworks industry
- Cricket Derbyshire Hospitality Academy: which also provides Catering and Hospitality students at the College with potential for paid part time work
- Cricket Derbyshire Sports Academy: based at Derbyshire County Cricket Club: providing training and work experience opportunities for Sports students
- Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: aimed at broadening young people's career opportunities in healthcare.
- Derby Telegraph Media Sales Academy: giving Business students a unique insight into the demanding world of media sales
- epm:technology Advanced Composites Academy: introducing Engineering students to the rapidly expanding advanced composites manufacturing industry
- First Response Business and Finance Academy: recruiting students onto Degree Apprenticeships to help them grow their business.
- HUUB Marketing and Product Development Academy: enabling Business students to be involved in Huub which is a growing company designing triathlon wetsuits for international markets
- iBox Web and Programme Development Academy: in partnership with iBox Security in Derby which is working with IT students at the College
- MBS Construction Skills Academy: providing young people with the with the multi skills they will need in the changing construction industry.
- The Finesse Collection Professional Cookery Academy: with Catering and Hospitality students working alongside top chefs at the Cathedral Quarter Hotel, Donington Manor Hotel and at the host of events handled by the company's outdoor catering division – Finesse Hospitality.
- risual Microsoft Academy: working Microsoft's UK Country Partner of The Year 2015, risual Limited, to address a growing shortage of digital skills and bridge the gap between industry and education.
- risual Autodesk Academy at the Roundhouse: to upskill Professional Construction and Engineering teachers and students in the latest Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology software.
To find out more please visit http://www.derby-college.ac.uk/employers/employer-academies or call 0300 123 7890.