Project Management – How to Make Agile Work for You
Providing an understanding of Agile approaches to product development, this course focuses on three of the Agile methods – Scrum, DSDM and Kanban – to illustrate how they can be used in different environments.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
Providing an understanding of Agile approaches to product development, this course focuses on three of the Agile methods – Scrum, DSDM and Kanban – to illustrate how they can be used in different environments. Although Agile originated in software development, it has now been adopted in engineering, marketing, HR and administration.
Featuring exercises, case studies, presentations and tutor-facilitated discussions, this is a practical course which emphasises the collaborative nature of Agile and the flexibility it offers to customers. No technical knowledge is required.
What will you learn?
• Background to Agile: issues with the traditional approach, how Agile helps, timeboxing, roots of Agile, Agile lifecycles, product vs. project
• How Agile works: the Agile manifesto, Agile principles, the Cynefin framework, process control: defined vs. empirical, different Agile methods
• The Scrum Framework: Scrum roles, Scrum events, Scrum artifacts
• DSDM – Agile Project Management: the DSDM lifecycle, DSDM roles, timeboxes, MoSCoW prioritisation
• The Kanban Method: workflow visualisation, work in process, Kanban principles, managing flow
• How will you make Agile work for you?
Benefits for the individual
• Learn how to deliver early and often
• Build your collaboration skills
• Become more productive
Benefits for the organisation
• Deliver what the customer needs
• Enable innovation
• Identify and manage bottlenecks
How will you learn?
What will you need to bring with you?
How will you be assessed?
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact the Roundhouse Thinking team on 01332 836 638 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Check availibility and book now on this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 23, 2021 10:11 am