People Skills – Influencing Upwards
This workshop focuses on the specific interpersonal skills you need to influence senior people within and beyond your organisation – such as managers, team leaders and project managers – and achieve positive outcomes.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
This workshop focuses on the specific interpersonal skills you need to influence senior people within and beyond your organisation – such as managers, team leaders and project managers – and achieve positive outcomes. You will understand what happens during communication with a more senior colleague and how to make the most of the dialogue, whether through a presentation, in regular conversations, or during a negotiation.
What will you learn?
• Personality profile: an online questionnaire completed before the event
• Feedback from the personality profile to help delegates make sense of their own responses
• Understanding power dynamics
• Understanding transactional analysis
• How people receive and understand information
• Practising having conversations
Benefits for the individual
• Greater self-awareness and understanding of personal impact
• Improved confidence in conversations with senior people
• An appreciation of how personal power affects conversation dynamics
• More effective planning when approaching conversations with seniors
Benefits for the organisation
• Team members with the confidence to communicate more successfully and persuasively
• An environment where communication is effective at all levels of the organisation
How will you learn?
What will you need to bring with you?
How will you be assessed?
• Effective Communication Skills
• Effective Negotiation
• Emotional Intelligence
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact the Roundhouse Thinking team on 01332 836 638 or email@example.com
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Check availibility and book now on this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 23, 2021 10:07 am