People Skills – Emotional Intelligence
What emotions are you experiencing right now? Can you recognise my emotions and do you adapt your behaviour accordingly?
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
What emotions are you experiencing right now? Can you recognise my emotions and do you adapt your behaviour accordingly? There is a large body of evidence saying that Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is a key factor in workplace and relationship success. It is often described as more important than IQ when progressing your career.
This course explains what EQ is and gets under the skin of how emotions impact on ourselves, our relationships and our productivity. It introduces you to the EQ framework, giving you practical strategies and tools to help you strengthen your EQ.
This course is aimed at anyone whose effectiveness can be increased through a better understanding of emotions and how to handle them in themselves and in others.
What will you learn?
- What is EQ and why does it matter?
- The EQ Quiz – where do your strengths lie?
- The EQ Framework – recognising the competencies and skills involved
- How our thinking affects our emotions – and vice versa
- The impact our emotions have on our work
- Emotional hijack and impulse control
- Dealing with negative emotions such as tension and anxiety
- How to develop a positive mindset
- Why empathy is important and how to nurture it
- Building resilience and thriving through change
Benefits for the individual
- Gain greater understanding of what EQ is and the impact it has on our working lives
- Assess your own EQ strengths and weaknesses
- Develop strategies for dealing with emotional hijacks in yourself and others
- Know how to deal with others more effectively
Benefits for the organisation
- Staff who are better equipped to handle emotive situations
- Staff who understand the importance of recognising and responding to emotional cues in a positive manner
- Staff who have strategies for dealing with emotional hijacks
How will you learn?
What will you need to bring with you?
How will you be assessed?
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact the Roundhouse Thinking team on 01332 836 638 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Check availibility and book now on this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 25, 2021 10:07 am