Leadership and Management – Minute Taking
This course will help you to plan meetings and type up minutes in an effective and structured way.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
This course will help you to plan meetings and type up minutes in an effective and structured way. Covering the importance of an agenda and how to take notes during meetings, it will help you develop knowledge and skills to support the people chairing meetings, to make efficient use of attendees’ time and to ensure that everyone is clear of the actions required of them following the meeting.
The course is aimed at anyone responsible for taking and distributing minutes of meetings.
What will you learn?
• Recognise the purpose and importance of minutes
• Understand the minute taker’s role
• Know how to plan and prepare a meeting
• Understand the importance of an agenda
• How to take notes during a meeting
• Improve listening and questioning skills
• Select and record key points and actions
• Writing up minutes effectively: layout, grammar and content
Benefits for the individual
• Plan meetings more effectively
• Improve note-taking in meetings
• Save time writing up minutes
• Gain confidence in writing minutes
Benefits for the organisation
• Reduce costs and improve efficiency
• Increase productivity
• Improve communication
• Ensure relevant and accurate information
How will you learn?
What will you need to bring with you?
How will you be assessed?
- Report Writing
- Managing Successful Meetings
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact the Roundhouse Thinking team on 01332 836 638 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Check availibility and book now on this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 25, 2021 10:08 am