Leadership and Management – Managing People
To manage people well, you need a complex set of skills, including understanding others and being able to motivate them, support them and gain their trust.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
To manage people well, you need a complex set of skills, including understanding others and being able to motivate them, support them and gain their trust. It entails being able to explain tasks, to keep everyone on track and productive, and to become self-aware so that you know what it is like to work for you.
If that wasn’t challenging enough, every person you manage is different. You will need to be able to flex your style and adapt to individual needs, while keeping your eye on the bigger picture. Over two days, this course will give you plenty of tried-and-tested tips, techniques and theories. Then you will plan how to apply them to your own work context so that your people management skills will thrive.
What will you learn?
• What does a manager need to do?
• Reviewing your current management style and strengths
• Understanding what motivates others
• Personality: how people are different
• Adapting your style to get results
• Characteristics of a successful team
• What employee engagement means and the difference it makes to performance
• Handling challenging conversations
• How to coach your people
• Developing your personal action plan
Benefits for the individual
• Identify actionable steps to help you improve your management
• Recognise individual needs and know how to address them
• Use your knowledge of motivation to get your people on board
• Increase your confidence in handling difficult situations
Benefits for the organisation
• Improved team performance and motivation as a result of better management
• Capacity to address people problems swiftly instead of allowing them to escalate
• Increased employee engagement through better relationships with managers
How will you learn?
What will you need to bring with you?
How will you be assessed?
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact the Roundhouse Thinking team on 01332 836 638 or email@example.com
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Check availibility and book now on this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 23, 2021 10:08 am