Leadership and Management – Managing Difficult People
This course highlights strategies for dealing with difficult behaviour and the appropriate responses that can have real impact on your team’s productivity.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
Difficult people can sap your energy, cause disruption, unsettle colleagues, use up your time and affect your team’s performance.
Of course, it’s actually the behaviour we find challenging, not the whole person. What’s worse, we often respond with behaviour that they find challenging, creating an ever-increasing circle of frustration.
This course highlights strategies for dealing with difficult behaviour and the appropriate responses that can have real impact on your team’s productivity. Problems are recognised and nipped in the bud before they become troublesome, individuals learn to modify their behaviour and the work environment becomes a happier place for everyone.
What will you learn?
• Understanding human behaviour – what makes behaviour difficult?
• The importance of self-awareness – using reflection to analyse your own responses
• Understanding personal power
• Assessing the situation
• When and how to act – managing conflict and impact on performance
• How to challenge effectively
• Appropriate interventions
• Behaviour modification – how can individuals learn and change?
• Tips and strategies for dealing with difficult people
Benefits for the individual
• The ability to assess a situation and decide when and how to intervene
• A range of techniques for handling challenging behaviour
• An understanding of how behavioural change occurs and what the barriers are
• An awareness of how your personal response and management style affects the behaviour of others
Benefits for the organisation
• More effective people management
• Less friction between team members
• Improved productivity and working relationships
How will you learn?
What will you need to bring with you?
How will you be assessed?
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact the Roundhouse Thinking team on 01332 836 638 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Check availibility and book now on this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 23, 2021 10:08 am