Human Resources – How to Manage a Neurodiverse Workforce
‘Neurodiversity’ is a relatively new term that refers to people who have dyslexia, autism, ADHD, dyspraxia and other neurological conditions. These are ‘spectrum’ conditions with a wide range of characteristics but which nevertheless share some common features in how people learn and process information.
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
‘Neurodiversity’ is a relatively new term that refers to people who have dyslexia, autism, ADHD, dyspraxia and other neurological conditions.
These are ‘spectrum’ conditions with a wide range of characteristics but which nevertheless share some common features in how people learn and process information.
Most organisations today understand the benefits of having a neurodiverse workforce. By attending this course, you will recognise what neurodiversity is and where it comes from as well as behaviours that allow you to become more effective in your everyday working life. We will also provide you with the knowledge, tools and resources to adapt some working environments and practices so that your teams can be at their best and perform at their highest level.
What will you learn?
• The business benefits of a neurodiverse workforce
• An understanding of neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the legislative framework
• How to raise awareness of neurodiversity in your organisation
• Creating management trust and a safe environment with self-disclosure
• Managing for high performance, managing underperformance and creating good support
• Adapting recruitment processes to support neurodiverse candidates
Benefits for the individual
• Raised awareness and understanding of neurodiversity
• Increased confidence when dealing with neurodiversity in the workplace
• Knowledge, tools and resources to support you with neurodiversity
Benefits for the organisation
• Access to an untapped talent pool, reducing recruitment costs and time to hire
• Lower turnover costs
• Higher levels of employee engagement and loyalty
• Improved production
• Increased levels of innovation
• Reduced absenteeism
• A culture where people can be at their best
• Better communication and trust levels between leaders and employees
• Happier, more energised employees
• Improved customer satisfaction and retention
• Enhanced profile as an employer of choice – recommended by employees as a great place to work
How will you learn?
What will you need to bring with you?
How will you be assessed?
• Performance Management
• Inclusive Hiring
• Emotional Intelligence
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact the Roundhouse Thinking team on 01332 836 638 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Check availibility and book now on this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: November 25, 2021 10:09 am