Award in Assessing – Short Course
This programme of study develops your knowledge in assessment, ensuring standards are maintained to a high level and students’ needs are me
Course Information for Students
Who is this course for?
This programme of study develops your knowledge in assessment, ensuring standards are maintained to a high level and students’ needs are met. You will have the opportunity to develop and improve your understanding and achieve a recognised professional qualification. Assessing occupational and vocational competence is a critical role in education and training and achieving this qualification will maintain quality assurance.
The course will be delivered via workshops and 1-1 tutorials, all on a flexible basis, to suit your needs. Your assessor will visit you in the workplace every three to four weeks and provide advice, guidance and support to enable you to achieve the qualification.
What are the benefits?
- Gain a recognised qualification in assessment
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of assessment and evidence your commitment to this
- Embed best practice in assessment
- Contribute to increased efficiency and effectiveness of assessment within your organisation
- Evidence of a qualification, at an appropriate level, and relevant up-to-date experience in your vocational/subject-specialism
- Be in a position to follow your organisation’s policies and procedures
- Be in a position to assess any course that has an assessment element to it
- Be able to gain support from an assessor or IQA
What will you learn?
The course design enables you to become an excellent assessor/apprenticeship trainer. It develops your knowledge and understanding. The specific unit that you work towards is:
- Understanding the Principles and Practice of Assessment
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered on-site.
What will you need to bring with you?
How will you be assessed?
You will be assessed via a portfolio of evidence to prove competency, understanding and good practice.
You will implement what you have learnt in the workplace and improve your knowledge and understanding as an assessor. You can develop your skills to enable effective assessment with the new Apprenticeship Standards and End-point Assessment. You will have the ability to reflect on and select appropriate assessment methods to apply in dynamic or diverse workplace environments as required within your role.
You can also progress to the following qualifications:
- A Train the Trainer course
- A Level 3 Award or Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, if your role involves delivery to groups of learners alongside your assessing role
- A full teaching qualification, such as Cert Ed or PGCE if your role develops into teaching/training
- A coaching course
- An Advanced Apprenticeship – Assessor-Coach (Level 4)
Who do you contact for more information?
For more information contact Derby College on 0800 0280289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Information for Employers
Information for Employers
This course could lead to one of these careers...
Vocational and Industrial Trainers and Instructors
DCG Success Stories
Discover how our students have achieved success. Their hard work and dedication to learning has enabled them to succeed in rewarding careers or progress onto higher education.
We encourage progress and aspirational outcomes by guiding people onto learning pathways that lead to positive destinations. Our students have gone on to achieve great things since leaving the College. We would like to share some of their inspiring success stories with you.
Use our online application form to apply for this course.
Course Information Last Updated On: October 18, 2021 1:37 pm