Interested in a career change? Considering a career working with children but unsure if it's really for you? Wondering what a career in Early Years care and education can offer? Then this short introductory course is for you!
You will learn about the different types of roles in the 'Early Years' sector, including the qualification requirements, pay scales and progression routes. You will also gain initial insights into some of the key knowledge and skill areas, including a basic introduction to effective strategies for supporting children's learning, and for supporting and managing children's behaviour.
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Early Years careers and job types
- Early Years pay averages and potential career progression opportunities
- The skills and attributes of an Early Years practitioner
- Basic approaches to supporting and managing children's behaviour
- Basic approaches to promoting and supporting children's learning
There is no formal assessment: this two-day course is a fun and informal introduction to the Early Years sector.
There is no cost to this course, and no specialist equipment is required.
On completion of this short course, you may wish to apply for a part-time course in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, or to become an Early Years practitioner in a nursery or other setting. You should consider gaining an accredited qualification that will support your entry into the Early Years workforce.