This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism - covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour, and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
The qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop a better understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism.
It is useful for learners who provide direct support and for those working in sectors such as:
• social care
• education and training
There are no formal entry requirements.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners are required to successfully complete six mandatory units:
• Introduction to autism
• Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
• Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
• Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
• Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
• Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. You will produce a portfolio of evidence.
You could consider other related short distance learning courses.
This course is valuable for anyone wanting to pursue a career in the healthcare or education sectors.