« Go Back
Certificate in Gym Instruction and Instructing Kettlebell - Level 2Apply Now »
Location: Broomfield Hall
Days / Times: Wednesday 18:00 to 21:00
This course is designed for people wishing to pursue careers in the health and fitness sector as gym-based fitness instructors.
Courses are due to be delivered on:
Wednesdays, starting on September 11th, from 18.00-21.00 for 20 weeks.
Wednesdays, starting on January 22nd, from 18.00-21.00 for 20 weeks.
Courses require a minimum of eight candidates to be enrolled.
There are no formal entry requirements. However:
• Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential. Therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
• There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
Course content will cover:
Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness
Health and safety in the fitness environment
The skills to conduct client and group inductions in a gym-based environment and to support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle
The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions
Professionalism for fitness instructing
Personal and professional development
Delivering exceptional customer service.
You will also gain the Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells.
How will I be assessed?
• Multiple Choice Examination
• Portfolio of Evidence
• Practical Demonstration/Assessment
Are there any additional costs or specialist equipment required?
There are no additional costs. However, you will be required to have suitable clothing to participate in physical activity sessions.
This ACTIVEiQ course is CIMSPA endorsed.
What can I do after this course?
This qualification provides progression to the:
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
Level 2 Award in Group Training
Level 2 Award in Instructing Suspended Movement Training
Level 2 Award in Nutrition
Did you find the course information on this page useful?
*** Co-Tuition - This figure is the fee to be paid if you are entitled to any partial concessions.