« Go Back
Diploma for the Early Years Educator - Level 3Apply Now »
Location: The RoundHouse
Start: Roll On Roll Off - Contact Us
Days / Times: Contact Us
Tuition (£): 2882.00*
24+ Loan Amount: 2882.00****
This qualification reflects the highest standards for those wanting to work with children from birth to five years of age. It provides a licence to practise and the status of being an Early Years Educator.
You should be working/volunteering in a childcare setting across the age ranges:
• Birth – 1 year 11 months
• 2 years – 2 years 11 months
• 3 – 5 years
You should have a minimum of 20 hours working with babies and you are required to be observed working across all age ranges.
You must have a satisfactory DBS check and should have both English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above.
You will study mandatory units:
• Support healthy lifestyles
• Support physical care and emotional wellbeing
• Understand, use and follow legislation
• Plan, lead and review play opportunities
• Develop emergent literacy and numeracy skills
• Promote speech, language and communication
• Promote physical, personal, social and emotional development
• Support children with additional needs
• Use observation and longitudinal studies to observe, assess and plan for
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a range of written tasks and observed practice. You will be allocated an assessor who will visit you in the workplace to action plan your progress, observe you in practice and assess your portfolio. You will also attend College weekly for vocational programme delivery.
Are there any additional costs or specialist equipment required?
The cost for the course is £1,500 invoiced or £2,880 with a student loan.
What can I do after this course?
Upon completion of the programme, you will be qualified to work as an Early Years Educator in a range of childcare settings. You can also progress to a Foundation Degree in Children and Young People's Services, taking the Early Years pathway which is delivered at Derby College, or you can progress to the Foundation Degree in SEND.
Did you find the course information on this page useful?
* Tuition - This figure is the fee to be paid if you are not entitled to any concessions.
*** Co-Tuition - This figure is the fee to be paid if you are entitled to any partial concessions.
**** Advanced Learner Loan: if you are aged 19 or over and want to study at Level 3, 4, 5 or 6, you could apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of your study. This is the fee that would need to be financed by a successful application for a loan. Alternatively, you or your employer could pay the fees directly.