To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health, learners are required to successfully complete five mandatory units online. This course is knowledge based and units are:
• Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating
• Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
• Unit 03 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
• Unit 04 The principles of weight management
• Unit 05 Understanding eating disorders
You need to:
This qualification aims to:
• increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
• increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
• provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
• provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
• provide information on eating disorders
• increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management
Online assessments are knowledge based and supported by an online tutor.
You need access to a laptop.
The course is free but you will be asked to sign a disclaimer on enrolment as - in cases of non-completion - the cost will be £100.
You could progress to Level 2 qualifications in Hospitality and Catering.
Apprentice Jordan Green scooped the Young Chef of the Year title in the Derby Food and Drink Awards – an accolade which he hopes will fast track his career ambitions.
Jordan was among a group of full-time Catering and Hospitality learners who progressed to an apprenticeship with the College’s Engine Shed restaurant and training kitchens at the Roundhouse campus.
His apprenticeship opened doors to many opportunities – including a work placement with Derby’s award-winning Restaurant Zest. He also took part in a European work experience programme in Denmark, spending five weeks at the Danish Meat Trade College in Roskilde alongside learners from Estonia, Italy and Finland.
I really want to be working in fine dining and to learn from the best in the industry. Hopefully winning this award will help me at the start of my career.