To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health, learners are required to successfully complete five mandatory units online. This course is knowledge based and units are:
• Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating
• Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
• Unit 03 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
• Unit 04 The principles of weight management
• Unit 05 Understanding eating disorders
You need to:
This qualification aims to:
• increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
• increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
• provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
• provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
• provide information on eating disorders
• increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management
Online assessments are knowledge based and supported by an online tutor.
You need access to a laptop.
The course is free but you will be asked to sign a disclaimer on enrolment as - in cases of non-completion - the cost will be £100.
You could progress to Level 2 qualifications in Hospitality and Catering.
Commis chef and former Derby College student Carly Baxter plans to run her own fine dining establishment one day. And, thanks to taking a foundation degree in hospitality management at Derby College, she hopes to have all the ingredients she needs to make her restaurant venture a success. Carly, who initially took levels 2 and 3 in professional cookery with the College, progressed to the foundation degree in hospitality management so she could learn all aspects of the catering industry.Carly, who is currently employed as a commis chef at Breadsall Priory, is planning to go into business with a friend from College. To realise her aims she has been studying full-time at College while juggling work shifts, working virtually seven-day weeks at times.
She said: "It's my ambition to open my own fine dining restaurant but to do that I need to know everything that's involved, not just the cheffing side.
"I can't expect to be able to tell other people what to do if I've never done their job myself."