Want to learn how to take better pictures?
This creative and interactive workshop is aimed at beginners who want to learn how to get the most out of their Digital SLR camera.
You will explore a range of camera modes, techniques, tools and genres.
You should be aged 19+ and own a digital SLR camera.
As this is an introductory workshop, there are no formal entry requirements.
• Camera modes
• Cropping, framing, composition and aspect ratio
• Exposure - aperture, shutter speed and ISO
• White balance
• Focusing - what is focus? Auto vs manual
• A brief look at different genres
• What is RAW?
• Tripod overview
• Introduction to editing and Photoshop
• Sharing work - why and where?
• Formats and presenting
To ensure that you make the best possible progress, the learning facilitator will provide regular supportive and constructive feedback throughout.
You will need to bring the following with you on the day:
• Digital SLR camera and user manual
• USB memory stick (minimum 8GB) or a mini hard drive
• Any additional equipment such as lenses, batteries or charger
• Pen and notebook
Lunch and soft refreshments will be provided and are inclusive of the price paid.
Further study opportunities are to be announced.