What will the apprentice be doing?
You will join a driven and motivated team of Apprentices, within a leading manufacturing organisation, supplying the Worldwide Construction Industry. During your Apprenticeship, you will gain knowledge, skills and experience, while completing tasks, assembling Construction Products, alongside gaining your formal qualifications, which are recognised and fully transferrable within the manufacturing sector. You will be working in assembly production areas within the business, which are fast paced, physically demanding. You will be assembling components to a high-quality standard and to strict deadlines.
This apprenticeship has been designed to run for 15 months. Your first 12 months are based on working towards your Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing and your skills, knowledge, and behaviours as you develop your knowledge of manufacturing principles and techniques alongside your work skills.
Following your first 12 months with Caterpillar, you will then be entered for your end-point assessment.
Your end point assessment will comprise of two assessments:
- Observation with questions and answers
- Professional discussion
Upon successful completion, you will achieve the Lean Manufacturing Operative Standard and your Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing.
To be successful for this role, you will have a keen sense of achievement and take pride in the work you undertake.
- Adhering to Caterpillar Values in Action
- Follow and utilise Caterpillar Production System principles
- Follow documented standard work procedures/instructions to perform safe and defect free assembly of parts and components
- Using various hand, power tools and lifting equipment provided in the work area
- Support continuous improvement reporting
- Working within the production line assembling Caterpillar products
- Following written and verbal instructions
- Operate built products where required
- Working in fast paced production lines
- Adhere to the Organisation's health & safety policy and safe working practices
- Working to real time orders and targets
- Completing your qualification within the Academy period to a high standard
- Gaining experience
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Caterpillar Production Systems Principles Training
- Monthly review and coaching
- First class Health and Safety and manufacturing training
Leading to achievement of:
- Level 2 Diploma in Lean Manufacturing (Skills and Knowledge)
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Fixed term contract (15 months)
Lean manufacturing operative Level 2 - All training will be delivered at the Caterpillar Accademy on site at Desford.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship Standard as a Lean Manufacturing Operative is designed to help you progress your career within the manufacturing industry. The qualifications are related to jobs roles such as: Manufacturing Operator, Assembly Operator, Production Assistant or working towards, Team Leader within a wide range of manufacturing disciplines.
Caterpillar’s Apprenticeship scheme offers an opportunity to gain 15 months experience within a Global Leading Manufacturer, you may be eligible to move onto a further Apprenticeship or to apply for any internal