Information and Application Events at Derby College
Derby College (D38) offers the following full-time university-level programmes:
- HND Animal Management (2 year, D300)
- HND General Engineering (2 year H100)
- Foundation Degree Integrated Engineering (2 year, Sheffield Hallam programme delivered at Derby College. This forms part of the Higher Level Apprenticeship Framework for Engineering Manufacture: Senior Technican)
- HND Public Services (2 year L231)
- BA (Hons) in Security and Offender Management (2 Year)
- FDSc Sport Coaching (2 year validated by the University of Derby C600)
These programmes will have links to industry and work placements planned to help you secure employment opportunities. Employers will present expert lectures in their field and invite students to industrial visits and events. Students will be encouraged to attend institute events such as those held by the Chartered Institute of Building and Institute of Engineering and Technology.
New higher education courses for 2015/16
Foundation Degree for Paralegal Services
Foundation Degree Criminal Justice (Security and Offender Management)
Foundation Degree Professional Culinary Arts.
Foundation Degree Computing
Please contact Learner Services on 01332 387473 for more details.
Please note - part time HE courses are not available to international students
Our part-time university-level programmes are designed in collaboration with local employers. The Quality Assurance Agency said Derby College has "effective and productive engagement with employers ensures that the design of programmes meets the needs of industry and that students are well supported in the workplace" (QAA June 2011).
You can choose from the following part-time programmes:
- Foundation Degree in Construction Management (3 year, awarded by Nottingham Trent University and CIOB accredited)
- HNC Construction (2 year)
- HNC Business & Management (2 year)
- HNC Electrical/Electronic Engineering (2 year)
- HNC Manufacturing Engineering (2 year)
- HNC Mechanical Engineering (2 year)
- HNC Operations Engineering (2 year)
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering (1 year top-up)
- HND in Engineering (1 year top-up)
- HND Manufacturing Engineering (1 year top-up)
- HND Mechanical Engineering (1 year top-up)
- HND Operations and Maintenance (1 year top-up)
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Social Science
- FdA Children's and Young People's Services (3 years)
- Certificate of Education (FE and Skills)/PGCE (FE and Skills) (Year 1) (Level 5/6) (Part Time Higher Education)
At Derby College we work with four partners to deliver our HE courses:
- Nottingham Trent University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Derby
Please note: Fees are likely to change and details will be provided at your interview stage.