Applying to Derby College
1. If you are not sure which area you would like to study please visit one of our information evenings and have a chat with our staff. You may also like to talk over your choices with your Connexions Advisor.
Unsure what area you are interested in, come along to our College Taster days held in October for year 11s and November for year 9s.
2. When you have made your decision, you will need to submit an online application.
An application form is available on all course detail pages of the website. You can apply for a course direct from any course page. At the end of each course information sheet (web page) you will see an apply now button, click this link and the application form will open.
Complete the application form and click submit, this will then generate a copy of your completed application form, you can print a copy for your reference and an emailed version will automatically be sent to the address provided.
If you have problems submitting your application electronically, please contact us immediately.
If you are not sure which course you want to apply for and wish to discuss your options, please contact the Learner Services Team on 01332 387473 who will be able to give you advice and guidance on options available at the College. Alternatively please fill out the contact form with details of your enquiry.
3. You will then be invited for an interview with a member of staff from the area you are interested in.
Please take the time to research your programme choice, Derby College Career Coach is a tool to help you do this. It is important that you consider how the course you have applied for fits in with your future progression and career options as this will be discussed with you at your interview.
In most cases you will also undertake an online assessment of your maths and english which will enable us to ensure you are on the right level of course - the whole interview and assessment process will take around two hours. After your interview you will be contacted by the College informing you of the outcome of the interview and the next step in readiness for your start.
4. During August you will be sent a pack through the post containing dates and times for your Welcome Day and enrolment.
5. In August/September at the Welcome Day there will be further opportunities to meet with staff to discuss your programme of study.
Not sure what course is right for you?
Contact us for advice and guidance.