Applying to Derby College
1. If you are not sure which area you would like to study please visit one of our information evenings and have a chat with our staff. You may also like to talk over your choices with your Connexions Advisor.
2. When you have made your decision, you will need to submit an online application. An application form is available on all course detail pages of the website. You can apply for a course direct from any course page. If you have problems submitting your application electronically, please contact us immediately.
If you are not sure which course you want to apply for and wish to discuss your options, please contact the Learner Services Team on 01332 387473 who will be able to give you advice and guidance on options available at the College. Alternatively please fill out the contact form with details of your enquiry.
3. You will then be invited for an interview with a member of staff from the area you are interested in. In most cases you will also undertake an online assessment of your maths and english which will enable us to ensure you are on the right level of course - the whole interview and assessment process will take around two hours. After your interview you will be contacted by the College informing you of the outcome of the interview and the next step in readiness for your start.
4. During August you will be sent a pack through the post with dates and times for your Welcome Day and enrolment.
5. In August/September at the Welcome Day there will be further opportunities to meet with staff to discuss your programme of study.
Not sure what course is right for you?
Contact us for advice and guidance.