A business apprenticeship is a practical route to a more exciting and rewarding career. You can choose the area you are most interested and study at the level that is right for you.
A Derby College apprenticeship in a business subject can open the door to a promotion - many apprentices go on to supervisory and management roles at work - or to higher qualifications.
As competition in the jobs market becomes more intense, the skills you gain as a Derby College business apprentice will help you stand out from the crowd.
Derby College currently offers the following business apprenticeship courses:
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Accounting
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Accounting
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Customer Service
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Sales
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Team Leading
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Management
- Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration
Find Business Courses
Intermediate Business Apprenticeship –
- The duration will be between 12 – 15 months; and consists of 6 mandatory units -
- Communication in a business environment;
- Understand employer organisations;
- Principles of providing administrative services;
- Principles of business document production information management;
- Manage personal performance and development;
- Develop working relationships with colleagues.
Advanced Business Apprenticeship –
- The duration will be between 12 – 15 months; and consists of 5 mandatory units -
- Communicate in a business environment;
- Manage personal and professional development;
- Principles of business communication and information;
- Principles of administration;
- Principles of business.
All business apprenticeships will help you build an impressive portfolio of qualifications and experience that can lead to a successful career.
College teaching staff will be happy to discuss and advise.